Whether your hoods are just beginning to show signs of aging or are demonstrating advanced operational problems, a preventive maintenance program may provide a cost-effective solution to restore hood operation and avoid a more extensive hood rebuild either now or for the near term. The PMP program begins with an analysis of the hood. Our technicians will examine the hood and determine if lubrication and tuning is sufficient or whether a more extensive overhaul is required. The analysis will be summarized in a report which documents the current operating conditions and recommendations for potential future work. Download our PDF on Fume Hood Repair.
The following list of activities are performed as part of the PMP: **
- Open and close force analysis of current sash system with written report
- Once PMP is completed a new analysis will be submitted showing improvements
- Removal of all miscellaneous debris from cable area
- Cleaning pulleys with special solvent and purging with pressurized air
- Lubrication of pulleys and cables with custom synthetic oil
- Cleaning and Lubrication of all extension slides – if part of the guide system
- Adjustment of sashes and counterweights for proper movement and alignment
- Recommendations on replacement parts if necessary
** If your hood uses a chain/sprocket drive system, replace the words “cable and pulley” with “chain and sprocket” in the above list of activities.
We recommend that a PMP be performed yearly. If a hood was just rebuilt (SRP or HEP), longer initial service intervals may be permitted. Contact us to discuss contract terms based on your environment.